WINTER DRINKS #1
I know I said I would do some winter drinks posts but I’ve been super busy so didn’t get around to it… Sorry!
BUT here is my first drink for the cold season :) it’s possibly my favourite hot drink ever and is a mixture of hot, sweet, spicy, sticky caramelly deliciousness (which can never be a bad thing!)
This is a perfect alternative for tea or coffee and while the ingredients are possibly not what you would always have around the house, they’re definitely worth buying! (also the cinnamon, sugar and vanilla will last you ages and don’t cost that much)
1 mug of milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar (you can also use caster or granulated!)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence/extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- melt the butter and sugar in a pan until it bubbles up into a caramel
- add the milk (note - the sugar will probably crystallise if the milk is cold from the fridge but don’t worry as it will dissolve when it heats up a bit!)
- add the cinnamon and vanilla and stir, then leave until it starts to gently boil
- you can pour it in to a mug and drink it now, but I like to tip the pan to the side and whisk the milk over the heat to make it frothy and to make sure all the ingredients are mixed!
- sprinkle some cinnamon on the top then drink and enjoy :)
Be careful as it will be SUPER HOT when you pour it from the pan so try to refrain from drinking straight away! (I am very impatient and have burnt my tongue many times…)
I will (hopefully) post my second Winter Drink for you tomorrow! Watch this space…